Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Where I belive it all began.

I have often thought back in my life to when I was the happiest. I have tried to figure out what it was that made me so enlightened. I have been thinking about all this for several years, with no conclusion, nothing but a dead end. So recently with reading so many different things about minimalism, and also wanting to have that sort of life for my family, I realized what it was about that part of my life that was so exilerating.

At that time, all of our stuff was packed away, except that of what we would need. Clothes mostly. I was living with my boyfriend and I kept my little amount of things in his bottom dresser drawer. I had a few things in my car mostly books.  I was so happy, just to be. I took yoga, and worked and then spend lots of time with people that I enjoyed.

Thats what it all came down to. STUFF. And only till now have I realized that, that is, what it was!!!

Now that I have figured this out I can strive for that free feeling lifestyle again.

So as a conclusion for my first blog about minimalism:

We really don't need all the material possesions that we have!

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! You are so right! This is in a way how we have always lived, I just never knew it had a name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I feel so much comfort knowing that there are others who feel this way. I just can't stand all the junk in my home, I feel weighted down, but now I have started a new journey and I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete