Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's just stuff.

What would you do if you got a knock on your door, and was told to evacuate? What would you grab? Say you have 24 hours to pack up and go.

I know some people would literally flip out. In fact I have seen it in action. Can we say 2002 Hayman fire...I understand that we work hard for what we have, but whats really important? I'd rather work hard so that we can have experiences that we will always remember. I personally, will always remember the times my parents took us places. We did a lot of hiking and camping, the views were the best reward ever. These images are imprinted in my brain forever.

So if I had to evacuate, to me it would be a new path in life. Some people would pick up and move on, and some would come back and build their life exactly like it was. I would move on.

Off the top of my head, right now, if I had 24 hours to evacuate this is what I would do:

 I would pack as if I was going to be away for a week at a relatives. Your basic essentials. Maybe a few toys for the kiddo, but otherwise it would not break my heart to leave it all behind.

What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment