Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Letting go.

So far the hardest "thing" to let go for me, is the fact that people will try to rub it in your face. Example, people are always trying to one up you and make you feel like you need to be in the "status quo". Other people will make you feel like you need to have that big exspensive house, or brand new car. The important thing to remember is that money does not buy happiness. You can think that all you want, but even the richest people aren't happy. Right now in this moment I am struggling to achive the state of mind that I don't care as much about money. It's no fun to be in a big house your husband busts his butt for, but you never see him.

I am happy for my little place, that we have just enough money to live in, you know why? Because I get a 3 day weekend with my husband every week,  he gets to spend quality time with my daughter and me. And he has made it possible for me to be at home so my daughter isn't with strangers everyday.

So this is my weakness, and I am sharing it with you, so that you can see that everything is not perfect. Yes I am achieving a lot and I am very happy with my results as my journey to minimalism continues. But I want to share my struggles with you so that I may be stronger for first admitting it.

1 comment:

  1. I think I found the exact thing that brings me back to where I need to be. Thank you:

    http://mnmlist.com/fear/

    ReplyDelete