Monday, January 3, 2011

Stop buying, Period!

This might be a hard lesson for some. It comes a little easier to me though. My wonderful husband lets me be a stay at home mom. So every penny he makes I consider his! He pays the bills so that I can be with our daughter and I can't bring myself to ask for more. Which is just fine! I don't need to be out buying stuff anyways.

You have to "Just be" with what you have, and resist any new purchases, of course there are a few acceptions, and in those cases, get something quality so that your not replacing it a few months again.

Try to use what you have and be creative about it. Just think to yourself "what would I do if I didn't have money? Some may answer to borrow it from someone, others may be really creative with what they already have. For example, I wanted to poach eggs, but not have to buy a poacher, I don't have room or money to this anyways, so I got creative. Learning the old way... which may I add is a pain in the rear end. But I also tried all kinds of things and found something that works for me!!

Stop recieving.... Things,that is!

It's perfectly fine if someone wants to give you a gift, but ask for something like spending quality time with them, a babysitter for a night, maybe they could cook for you... The point is, why get more stuff you didn't need and won't remember? Wouldn't you remember it better if you did something together? Try to let people know that you would cherish something like that, a special memory.

Most of these lessons I have been learning, are things you have to keep up. It might sound like a lot work, but it's more work if you slip up and let the stuff in. Also I want to say minimalism isn't just about having less things, it's about simplifying your life and by doing that you will free yourself to a whole new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment